Association for research, documentation and artist representation SKLOP is pleased to announce the open call for The ZVONO Award 2018 – YVVA The Young Visual Artists Award for young visual artists from Bosnia and Herzegovina up to the age of 40.
The call is open to visual artists working in the field of contemporary art including painting, sculpture, graphics, drawing, installation, photography, video, performance, new media, or might have an interdisciplinary approach.
The award is not open for artists working in the field of applied arts, such as design, theater, dance or film.
The ZVONO Award for the award winner consists of a two-months residency in New York at Residency Unlimited in the months february and march 2019 and a solo exhibition upon return from the US.
Application deadline: October 30, 2020
- The competition is open for visual artists up to 35 years of age.
- Works of art in the field of painting, sculpture, graphics, drawing, installation, photography, video, new media and performance are considered equally.
- The award is not concerned with the applied arts, design, theater and film.
- Visual artists may apply for the contest on their own or can be nominated by institutions, individuals, professionals from the field of the visual arts or other citizens.
- The candidates need not to be citizens of the award’s country but their artistic development and career must have been formed there. As with emigre artists, they should be members of the artistic community and regularly exhibit in the country.
- The applicant should have graduated from the Academy/University and
- and have a considerable body of work and exhibitions at home and abroad.
- Each applicant is obliged to send in a filled our application form, an artists statement and artistic curriculum vitae (CV) in b/h/s and English, as well as the visual documentation of the work/s.
- Download application form here: sklop.org
- Applicants apply via the application form with 1-3 work/s
- Each of the works needs to be accompanied by a short description and visual material (1-5 photographs about each work, each 300 dpi, all 3 MB max.)
- As visual material counts photographic documentation only. That means that any kind of work/media (painting, graphics, drawing, sculpture, installation, photography, video, new media, performance) needs to be documented in photographically (close-up view, installation view, evtl. details) or by film/video stills
- CD, DVD, VHS of original works are not accepted
- Direct links to the (video) works are possible (to be added in the short description)
- The obligatory application form can optionally been accompanied by an artistic portfolio
- Application form, artists statement and CV need to be filled out/written in b/h/s and English
- Application sent by post office are not accepted
- Only application sent by email are accepted
- Email address for applications: email@example.com
- Deadline for the application:
A jury of established professionals will select four finalists who will present work in a group exhibition.
Finalists will be selected on the merit of their portfolio, exhibited artwork in the finalists’ exhibition, prior accomplishments and exhibitions, and demonstrated potential.
- The basis of selection is quality and innovativeness in the works of art created in the last two years.
- The selection of the award winner is deliberated in two cycles. In the first cycle the Jury screens all applications and nominations received and selects among them the 4 finalists, whose works will be presented in a curated group show. In the second cycle the Jury, composed of the same members, select the award winner in the exhibition, announce and justify their choice at the opening of the exhibition for the public.
- The award is awarded to one artist only.
- The award consists of a 8 weeks residency in New York at Residency Unlimited and solo exhibition upon return of the award winner from USA.
Clan 3: slika sa text field ispod
Clan 4: slika sa text field ispod
Clan 5: slika sa text field ispod
Embassador 1: slika sa text field ispod
Embassador 2: slika sa text field ispod
Embassador 2: slika sa text field ispod